Osiris Outstanding Teaching Intervention
To improve teaching
Supported by quantitative research by Professor Mick Waters and the University of Wolverhampton
Long-term teaching improvement and a boost to your school’s teaching culture
Outstanding Teaching Intervention was co-developed with Osiris Educational. It aims to change the habits and practices of individual teachers. It accelerates this process of individual change allowing senior management to concentrate on the strategic and operational side of school improvement. The fact it works is testament to its design and the skill of the trainers we use.
- Intensive training programme for teaching staff and managers
- Training takes place in school, during the school day, over at least one term per year
- Draws on the best educational pedagogy
- Aims to raise the standards of teaching in the cohort by one full level
- Calibrated with current Ofsted criteria for measuring teacher quality
- Delivered by carefully selected and quality assured trainers
What are the benefits?
- Improve student achievement
- Increase teacher confidence
- Develop learners’ attitudes, skills and habits
- Leave a sustainable impact across the school
- Create a learning culture amongst teaching staff based on a shared language for improvement
How will it work?
Working with a cohort of teachers, the Outstanding Teaching Intervention focuses on 3 modules which are at the heart of improving Teaching and Learning:
Using a range of techniques, assessments and feedback, The Outstanding Teaching Intervention is designed to create long-term, measurable changes to teaching:
- Video recording for improved analysis and future planning
- Risk taking and experimentation to encourage innovative thinking
- Immediate feedback for immediate impact
- Coaching to help teachers feel empowered
- Deep conversations about professionalism
The Outstanding Teaching Intervention is already making a deep and sustained impact in schools nationwide with 17 having moved up OFSTED levels. Many of these reports have specifically referenced the significant impact of the intervention on the improvement of these schools
Please download our guide to the Outstanding Teaching Intervention to learn about the processes involved in an Outstanding Teaching Intervention and the outcomes that can be expected for yourself, your teachers and your school.
Contact Katie Grainger on 01790 756 731 or email KGrainger@osiriseducational.co.uk for more details.